The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey | Teen Ink

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

By Cburghokie GOLD, Christiansburg, Virginia
Cburghokie GOLD, Christiansburg, Virginia

Some people just need a high five, in the face, with a chair.

The novel by Rick Yancey is a stellar piece of imagination and creativity combined. From the plot of the story and the characters personalities, to the way each chapter is written; this book is a masterpiece.

The story starts of in the point of view of Cassie Sullivan: a 16-year old girl is who dead-set on keeping a promise. As the story unfolds, different characters are revealed through their own point of views. We go into the minds of Evan Walker, Sam Sullivan, and Ben Parrish.

As the story continues, the secret of who the Others are slowly becomes clear. Cassie learns the truth of someone she trusted. Ben tries to keep a promise that may result in suicide. Evan learns the true meaning of ""Humanity." And Sam learns some life skills you wouldn't learn in Boy Scouts.

Even though the ending is somewhat predictable, this book is so well put together and interesting that it will have you from start to finish...and after you put the book down. It will have you racing to get the next chapter and excited for what might happen next. This book is a must read for any book lover!

After watching the commercial for the movie, I knew I had to read the book before I went and saw the movie. And it was definitely worth it!