All-American Girl by Meg Cabot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Being a hero is hard work, especially when nothing is going your way. That’s exactly why Samantha Madison is in deep trouble. An intriguing and thrilling chick-lit novel, All-American Girl is great to cuddle up with on the couch. It’s about a coy young girl who in the blink of an eye gathers up enough courage to save the president; this is an adventure worth taking.

I love this book because I can really relate to the main character, Samantha. She is just an average teen who isn’t popular like her older sister or as smart as her little sister. She adores Gwen Stefani and is an adept artist. Author Meg Cabot turns Samantha’s life into an appealing adventure.

I also love this book because of the intriguing beginning: “She says she didn’t mean to. She says she found them in my room, and they were so good she couldn’t help showing them to Mom.” This spellbinding opening made me want to keep reading. I love the lists Samantha makes before each chapter on a broad range of topics. Her top-ten lists focus on things like why she hates her sister and reasons she wishes she was Gwen Stefani. In my opinion, these lists are the best part of the book.

This breathtaking book won numerous awards, including the New York Public Library Books for the Teen Age Award and the Book Sense Pick Award. The idea for this book came to Cabot when she visited Washington, D.C. She began wondering what it would be like to grow up in a town where so many important people like the president lived, and so she began to write a story about it. Published in 2002, All-American Girl is just one of the many must-reads by Cabot.

All-American Girl has an important theme: heroes and celebrities are average people who lead normal lives. To get to know Samantha better and find out how she balances her wacky life, pick up a copy of this book and become a part of the adventure.

EllyApolloRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:33 pm:
I loved this book! I think Meg Cabot is a really good author, even her princess diaries series (thanks disney, for the awful movie that didn't go by the book AT ALL) was awsome! I think this would make a really good movie, but I don't know how it could be pulled off. My favorite part of the book was that Samantha was an artist. Has anyone read the sequal to this book "Ready or Not?"

DVSTweak101 said...
God, how I adored this book. It was simply something I found in my local bookstore that seemed interesting when nothing else did. I had no idea it would be so astounding and spontaneous. I am not afraid to admit I had tears in my eyes the farther I got into it. 

basketball*:) said...
Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:22 am:
You had wounderful word choice, but i didn't really understand what the book was about. Next time, you could use more details

Dobbiey said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:36 pm:
I LOVE this book. My mom brought it to me to read and I fell in LOVE. This book is amazing and you did a wonderful review. I started my own blog and was wondering if you could give me pointers. Once again. I LOVE this book. Thanks

ELM522 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 10:10 am:
I love chic-lit! Can any readers read my reviews? I have 4 or 5? Thanks! This review's good, but you should use a thesaurus to enhance your .vocabuluary,

Izzzy said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:49 pm:
Great story! You gave exaples on how you like it, so next time maybe you should add some info about the book. :)

Izzzy replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:51 pm :

*examples

Sorry I stink at spelling :D

Lexi-pex said...
May 16, 2010 at 3:32 pm:
love the book! well written!

Writer2B3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 7:28 pm :
Thank you. =)

bokworm said...
May 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm:
any lover of meg cabot has to read ally carters gallager girls

S-Chique00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Although I couldn't really get into the Princess Diaries after numerous attempts, I fell in love with these witty and intruiging novels.

ELM522 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 10:12 am :
You should try Airhead by Meg Cabot!

S-Chique00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:54 pm :
I'll give it a go, thanks for the tip! :)

Jul. 21, 2010 at 7:30 pm :
I never got into the Princess Diaries either, but I have read Airhead. Also a wonderful read, so go for it! =)

creativityrules said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 1:10 am:
wow...good job!!! i love meg Cabot, everything of her's including princess diaries, jinx, mediator series, ransom my heart and runway and Tommy Sullivan is a freak!!!!!!!!!!!!! love her!!!!

Jul. 21, 2010 at 7:31 pm :
Thank you. I agree, she is a wonderful author. I just adore her books! =]

Amanda B. said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 10:06 pm:
Next time you do a review, you might want to explain why everyone else should love it and that the character is easily relatable not that it relates to you personally. thats just a tip ive been taught in my experience but awesome awesome job! i love tihs book too(:

Jul. 21, 2010 at 7:34 pm :
Thank you for the advice. This actually started out as a class assignment, and I was advised to include what I found enjoyable about the book. I'll definitely consider what you said for future reviews I write. Thank you for reading my article, I appreciate it. =]

AspiringAuthorAnonymous said...
I love Meg Cabot I think I will have to read this one.............

Avatar2010 said...
I think you did an amazing job with pulling the reader into the beggining with the way you worded your words (that sounds weird :) ) You gave your opinions but stated why you have those opinions and you bring the author into it. Everything I think a good review should have :)
Good job