Angels and Demons by Dan Brown This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Imagine being on a mystifying adventure through Europe. Who is your companion? The infamous Robert Langdon, whom you may recognize from the best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code. This prequel, however, is just as gripping and fantastic. Initially readers may pick up this book because of the movie success of Da Vinci, but Angels and Demons turns out to be a hidden gem eclipsed by Brown’s other work.

Unlike Da Vinci, Angels and Demons leans more toward the science geek, as well as being packed full of Brown’s trademark historical details. This book is an enticing read enjoyable for all ages and is a must-read for those who take pleasure in twisted cliffhangers with a grand bombshell at the end.

As with Da Vinci, the style keeps readers in suspense, and they are compelled to continue turning pages. The story goes quickly, leaving readers hungry for more. The first chapter reveals a scene so lurid that audiences are instantly captivated. Angels and Demons reels readers in as easily as children to an ice cream parlor, and the experience is just as sweet.

In addition to the twisting appeal of Angels and Demons, one has to respect Brown’s skill; he is indisputably one of the most historically correct authors of this decade. The tone of this book changes appropriately, setting the story’s pace. Countless readers have stayed up well past their bedtime to uncover the next scene, which can almost never be said about a novel that presents historical facts.

Angels and Demons can be enjoyed by religious idealists and scientists alike. Who knew these groups would have a common topic to discuss at the water cooler?

Play the detective on a whirlwind journey that will leave you staggering with each roadblock. You’ll find yourself swooped up in an adventure that drops you off in another world.

Anyone interested in the talents of Dan Brown should pick up Angels and Demons immediately.

pictolover said...
May 13, 2009 at 6:47 pm:
I haven't read this book, but I think it's being made into a movie.

felix28 said...
May 1, 2009 at 3:28 pm:
I thought that this book was really good even though it was huge and hard to read but I would recomensd it to anybody that lokes a good adventure