Timeline | Teen Ink

Timeline

January 18, 2009
By Anonymous

Timeline was a very interesting book. The beginning was kind of slow, and they use a lot of words related to chemistry and physics. This makes the book slightly difficult to understand if you're not knowledgeable in those studies. In the first few chapters of the book, it's more of an introductino of the science aspecct, so it does get more challenging to read. Once you get deeper into the book, it becomes easier. Crichton goes from talking about science to battle scenes during the 1300's.
Crichton puts many different characters in the book, so it is likely that one of the characters might have similar interests to you. My favorite character was Kate. She was into athletic activities, as I am, and was a tomboy. But another character I liked was Marek; he was very intelligent in many areas.
In the end, I would rate the book about a four, maybe even a five. It had a lot of action sequences that kept me interested in the book. I found it very intriguing to learn aboutlife in the 1300's. I laughed for hours because the book also includes a small amount of humor. I was recommended this book, and I would recommend it to others.