Girl, Stolen by April Henry | Teen Ink

Girl, Stolen by April Henry

By caitlinschworn BRONZE, Branchburg, New Jersey
caitlinschworn BRONZE, Branchburg, New Jersey

Alone. Scared. Defenseless. And Blind. Cheyenne Wilder had all these qualities when she was kidnapped.  The book Girl, Stolen by April Henry was astonishing due to its intensity and plot twists.  Cheyenne Wilder just wanted to be free from her kidnappers.  After all, she was blind and could not see them, and she needed her medications before she died.  The day started brutally, Cheyenne was diagnosed with ammonia and was out getting her prescription with her stepmom, who had made her leave her seeing - eye dog at home.  Cheyenne stayed in her warm car when she first heard the door open.  However, it was not her step mom.  Her kidnapper, Griffin, only wanted the car, she was just an unfortunate accident.  He makes the mistake of taking her back to his boss and makes Cheyenne face deadly challenges with her captors.  Once Griffin’s ‘co- workers’ figure out that Cheyenne is the daughter of a wealthy CEO her kidnapping goes from an accident to ransom, but everyone doubts they will let her go.  Leaving her fate, and the thought of her and Griffin being something in her hands.
         This book had me on my toes the whole time.  To start, on page 8 when Cheyenne told Griffin he can let her go because she was blind, he kept driving. He had his chance to leave her on the road, but he didn’t.  The plot itself is so unpredictable.  Just when the reader thinks Griffin is on his ‘co workers’ side, he switches gears and sticks up for Cheyenne. Personally, I find it hard for there to be so many plot twists with a perfectly planned plot, but April Henry made it work.  For example, towards the end of the book Griffin sticks up for Cheyenne against TJ, one of Giffin’s dad’s employees, and then Cheyenne does something insane that not only hurts Griffin, but allows her to take control of her fate.  The resolution is truly a surprise, especially after how close Griffin and Cheyenne got.  All I can say is if one likes an intense ending, this is the right book for them.
        I highly recommend this book to anyone that is interested in the complex thought of human emotions.  Griffin and Cheyenne play apart in April Henry’s twisted plot.  This book expresses human feelings, twisted psychology, and unplanned criminology, in an ingenious way.  Griffin and Cheyenne, Roy and Cheyenne, TJ and Jimbo, and TJ and Cheyenne all appear in significant events that makes the book what it is.  I can ensure a reader looking for a book that primarily focuses on an emotion so complicated it can drive people as far as life will let them go, that is this the book for them.  April Henry demonstrates the insanity of our emotions without turning her book into science fiction.  In other words, adventure and thrill seekers, hopeless romantics looking for a twisted Cinderella story, and an intense drama lover, would love this book.

Favwhitegirl said...
on Sep. 15 2017 at 10:05 am
Favwhitegirl, Indianapolis, Indiana

Rumors are carried by HATERS, Spread by fools, And accepted by idiots.

this is a nice book review