Money Hungry By: Sharon G. Flake

Money Hungry is the revolting truth behind a teen's biggest fear. The story of 13 year old Raspberry Hill, is a Coretta Scott King Honor Book because of it's great dialogue, voice, ethnicity, and the words that put it all together.
Raspberry Hill grew up in the project, her mother works almost 24/7, and her father is a bum. Raspberry has seen what being homeless and hungry is like; she is determined never to see it again. Her ways of avoiding her past, is by selling holiday pencils, and old chocolates at school to her friends' to her enemies. When her principal shuts all that down, she is forced to wash cars with an old family friend. Raspberry Hill believes in saving all her money.
Money is the only thing that can put Raspberry to sleep at night. Raspberry is simply what they call money hungry. Raspberry's friends don't understand why she is so addicted to money. Her mother won't accept that everything Raspberry does to get her money is completely legal. Raspberry faces intrusting eyes every day of her life.
Raspberry's life goes wrong when her house has been broken into, her best friend owes her over 250 dollars, and her mother may be having a secret affair. She once again faces her deepest fear: The Streets.
The truth is Raspberry Hill's story doesn't stop here. Read Money Hungry, because when you finish you'll be hungry for more, so check out the next book; Begging For Change, if you want to sleep at night, knowing little 'ole Raspberry Hill's story from beginning to end.

ball is life #33 said...
Jul. 22 at 3:55 am:
a great read that will have u turn the pages late at night i hope u like it :-)

leeahgurl128 said...
i think sharon g.flake is a reallly good author i hvent read alll her books yet i've only read the skin im in.but i read the first few pages of Bang! and its sad and awsome at i acutally creid!!!at the same time whenever i read her book i put myself in the main characters shoes nd really works i cant wait till christmas im getting all her books YAY!!!!!thans sharon you are really good author and plzzzzzzz continue to write new books xoxo leeah

BRIANNA replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:27 pm :
YOU KNOW WAT IM REALLY FEELING HER BOOKS TOO.HER BOOKS REALLY INSPIRES SOME OF THESE PEOPLE THESE DAYS AND I LOVE THE WAY HE CHOSE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR WIFE CORETTA SCOTT KING.

BRIANNA replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:29 pm :
WELL I MEAN HOW SHE USED CORETTA SCOTT KING AS A EXAMPLE BUT HEY THAT NEW CHARACTER IS WORKING OUT TOO RASPBERRY

WiF3y_MiLLz replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 10:50 pm :

-- Yaw should makee suree youu contact Sharon G. Flake , not me : ) Yaw ain't even say if my book review was good or not .. But thats coo l, cus I got full points ... But yeahh , youu can email , or twitter Ms. Sharon G. Flake ... I have : )

-Raciie Beann , Piee ??

B-ball chick13 replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 12:47 pm :
I love this book.

jackqualle replied...
Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:25 pm :
i like this book it real good it tell you it not all about not every day