Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella | Teen Ink

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

By Pam.Burks BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
Pam.Burks BRONZE, Olympia, Washington

The novel "Finding Audrey" by Sophie Kinsella takes on the journey to recovery right beside Audrey.Right off the bat, you meet Audrey, Audrey suffers from Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and Depressive Episodes due to her brains response to a traumatic event.Whilst Audrey is attending therapy with Dr.Sarah and learning to cope with her mental illness, her family life has become slightly chaotic.Audrey's mother, Anne is tired of her teenage son Franks "addiction" to playing a computer game called Land Of Conquerers (Referred to as LOC) but before Anne discovers just how much he is playing the game Frank has begun forming his team, One member of his teams name is Linus.Linus becomes more than just Franks teammate when he visits the house,Linus and Audrey originally have a bit of a rocky start (He just might induce a panic attack) but as the novel goes on Audrey's grows quite fond of Linus and he helps her perform exposure therapy,In other words he pushes her to a healthy degree to perform the tasks that frighten her and after time,Audrey and Linus grow to become very close.
                               Overall, I thought that this was by far one of the best books I have read in a long time,Not only was it written very very well it also portrays mental illness as something other than "crazy" people in straitjackets which I think is important for young readers, and just any reader in general to see.As well as the fact that she is portraying mental health well, The author also includes the perfect amount of comedy and romance for a happy medium.I personally don't enjoy a giant amount of romance in a novel, but this novel gave me the perfect amount of humor, romance and hitting serious issues.

I would reccomend this novel to anyone and everyone!