Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon | Teen Ink

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

December 27, 2015
By Pam.Burks BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
Pam.Burks BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
          
         The novel "Everything Everything" by Nicola Yoon follows 18 year old, Madeline Whittier and her no where near average life.   Madeline is allergic to the outside world, She always has been and always will be.For as long as she can remember she has lived with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID), An incurable disease meaning that her immune system is beyond compromised, It is to the point of almost no longer functioning. After losing her father and brother in a tragic accident she has been left with two people to accommodate her every need for the last fifteen years, Her mother and her nurse Carla.Her mom and her health are her everything, Until a new family moves in next door that is. Madeline finds herself falling in love with the boy next door, Olly. Olly then becomes her everything.She stays up for hours on end emailing and Instant Messaging him considering she cant see him in person without threatening her life. As time goes on and Madeline or as Olly calls her Maddy is finding herself falling deeper and deeper in love with Olly. In the meantime Carla is noticing just how in love she is and finally, Carla allows Maddy to have Olly over a few times. Maddy and Olly's relationship continue to grow throughout the novel with quite the series of twists and turns.
                  I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I say that but I will tell you that this book is a never ending chain of ripping your heart into little pieces and mending it back together. That is what this book did to me. Don't get me wrong it was a wonderful novel that I would reread but it is definitely one of those books that depending on the person you would love it or you would hate it. I think I was somewhere near a happy medium. "Everything Everything" by Nicola Yoon is definitely a book I would recommend for anyone and everyone to read.