The Giver | Teen Ink

The Giver

This book review is about The Giver. The Giver is by Lois Lowry. i am very impressed by this book. This was a beautiful written book with descriptive writing. This book is about Jonas, a kid who lives in a world where a job is chosen for you, a family is chosen , and everything is made perfect. Jonas’s life was as normal as everybody until he is chosen to be a receiver. A receiver is chosen every couple of years to keep memories of everything imaginable. There are beautiful happy, but there are also scary, painful, frightening memories. Jonas was told when he received the job that it would cause pain. Jonas was honored to be a receiver but when he finds out about something in his family he does not feel the same.

Lois Lowry has definitely impressed me with this book. I would rate this book a 10 out of a 10. I love that in The Giver Lowry showed emotion through her writing. I felt as if I was receiving the memories and feeling fear and frustration like Jonas. I have no complaints about Lowry’s writing or the story plot. The story was choreographed beautifully leaving suspension after each chapter. I felt that Lowry was putting her very best work into this story making sure the characters were expressed right and making sure there is a purpose for the story.