Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas | Teen Ink

Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas

December 21, 2015
By paperplanes99 BRONZE, London, Other
paperplanes99 BRONZE, London, Other
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
A reader lives a thousand lives


Before i read this, I had no idea how much hype there was about the series on the internet; the cover caught my eye and I was intrigued.

Set in the fantasy world of Erilea, this book will have you engrossed in a world of action, mystery, romance and betrayal.

Celaena Sardothien, the kingdom's most notorious assassin, is taken from the salt mines where she had been enduring a life sentence, and given the chance to earn back her freedom by entering the King's tournament to become his champion.

However, Celaena soon begins to discover that the Palace itself is rooted upon a web of ancient mysteries, darker than she could ever have imagined, and that she must try to unravel the secrets behind the tyrannical King's ever growing power, before it is too late. Meanwhile, Celaena cannot keep running from her past...

The world-building was so lavishly detailed and immersing, whilst the ever-thickening plot kept me turning pages like there was no tomorrow. One of my favourate things about this book though, was that there was a perfect balance between romance and action/plot: the love triangle enhanced, rather than took over the story.

Celaena was very much a multi-faceted character, but at times I did find her slightly annoying. However, there are many other beautifully constructed charcaters for you to fall in love with, especially later on in the series.

I have read other reviews from people who felt this book didn't live up to the hype. Don't let that put you off! 


The author's comments:

I hope this review convinces you to get some Throne Of Glass in your life!