The Innocent Man

In this novel The Innocent Man, John Grisham uses different appeals to tell the true life story of Ron Williamson. The novel pulls you towards it before you even open the book, because of the cover and the great summary on the back.
Ron was convicted of murder; a crime he didn't commit. In this small town in Oklahoma, where the story takes place, the media has a lot of control.
This man was put on death row for no reason at all. There was no evidence that lead him to the murder. Ron suffered a lot during his time in jail. He would yell every night saying that he was innocent. There was nothing nobody could do, until one day his legal team did something about it. There was one thing that set this man free, and it happened many years later. He showed that Ron never gave up, even when it wasn't looking to good for him. He knew he didn't kill anyone and he wasn't just going to give in. This novel shows how the media can have a huge outcome on some ones life, and how horrible the system really is.
Grisham shows a lot of what Ron went through in this part of his life. The Innocent Man is a novel for young adults and a great read!