Mother Warriors by Jenny McCarthy | Teen Ink

Mother Warriors by Jenny McCarthy

February 9, 2009
By Olivia Arnolf BRONZE, Plano, Texas
Olivia Arnolf BRONZE, Plano, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Jenny McCarthy's Mother Warriors gives inspiration and hope to all parents out there. She takes real life stories and brings them together to show a mother's, and many times even a father's, determination and endless love for their child. Autism is a highly controversial subject for many families and doctors, and this book really makes a reader second guess their pediatricians and how much truth they are receiving. Could vaccines really cause Autism? It was shocking to read about how negligent and unknowledgeable some doctors actually are when the subject of vaccines causing autism is actually brought up. It is also scary to think that many pediatricians don't even consider the parent's ideas and thoughts about treatments that have worked on their autistic kids. These parent's have lived, experienced, and fought for their kids, and their voices are finally able to be heard through this novel. McCarthy succeeds in opening every American's eyes in her personal experiences and those of many other 'mother warriors.' There is nothing a parent wouldn't do for their child and the treatments and knowledge that are brought forth by this book could just be the difference between life and death for many kids suffering from Autism.