An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

For someone like me who doesn't believe in global warming, An Inconvenient Truth may be a tough read. But I was interested to see the science behind climate change (whether it's true or not) come to life on these pages.

The book is eye-catching, colorful, and unorthodox in its presentation. Most books on scientific topics tend to be bland and technical, but Gore manages to bring science closer to home. This book talks directly to the reader about the scope and severity of global warming and what each of us can do about it.

Gore uses anecdotes to make his points with a finesse I wouldn't have expected from a politician. He seems more human in this book than at any point that he's been in the public eye.

There's power in how the book is laid out; some pages have simple large white text on a black background. But it's the pace that really sucked me in to the message. Al Gore deserves respect for this work; there's obviously a reason he received the Nobel Peace Prize for it.

Perhaps I don't believe in global warming, but the message of preserving what we have is so much more universal than just saving the planet. It's something deep that not only applies to humanity as a whole, but to people as individuals. Gore captures this notion almost perfectly in this work.