An Inconvenient Truth | Teen Ink

An Inconvenient Truth

By Theodore Okechukwu BRONZE, Plano, Texas
Theodore Okechukwu BRONZE, Plano, Texas

According to former Vice President Al Gore, the myth of global warming has become a reality. In his distressing novel, An Inconvenient Truth, Gore relates the many impending problems the Earth will face as a result of irresponsible human beings' actions. After centuries of industrialization, overuse of natural resources, and careless habits, we as humans have finally reached the brink of the Earth's capabilities.

An Inconvenient Truth is a gripping tale of the alarming situation the Earth faces today. Throughout the book, Gore effectively portrays the dire future of our planet. He uses several gut-wrenching examples to get his point across, allowing the reader to create a vivid picture of the destruction that could possibly occur if the world were to continue with its numerous harmful activities. Examples include the destruction of New Orleans at the hands of Hurricane Katrina, as well as the rapidly melting polar ice capes.
Presented in a very detailed, yet simplistic matter, An Inconvenient Truth will quickly become a must-read for those who wish to learn more about the planet's crisis, as well as for those who know nothing about the calamity. Although he was unable to become the 43rd president of the United States, Gore succeeded in presenting the peril that looms over our world. With his overwhelming evidence and numerous examples, An Inconvenient Truth will be able to convert even the most skeptical critics into believers.