Outliers: The Story of Success | Teen Ink

Outliers: The Story of Success

By Timmy O'Donnell BRONZE, Plano, Texas
Timmy O'Donnell BRONZE, Plano, Texas

The book Outliers: The Story of Success I felt was a very good book for a person like me to read. I feel like it was really directed towards me, because it makes me feel like I can do anything I want. Because, it's not who your family is, or how much money or power you have, it's about opportunities that you take advantage of. About, how random little things can change the outcome of your life. I really want to become a Sports Broadcaster, and for a while I felt like, people who get these jobs grow up with parents who do it, and it is just passed down to them without effort. However, if I take advantage of the opportunities that re bestowed before me, I can be just like them. Malcolm Gladwell must be kind of like me. He and I both like sports; at least that's what I got out of it. He ties sports into his stories to try and relate to the younger crowd like me. He talks about hockey and soccer and stuff like that. He talks about how their birthdates affect their ability, or that's what it seemed. It makes me feel like, any random fact that I have in common with other people, can effect the outcome of my life in a good way. You can find random facts about sports and my birthday, or hair color, or height, or any random fact and it could tell you about my future, possibly. That's why I like this book. Because, it doesn't really matter about you, it matters about the opportunities. And you can look back at random things that have happened to me or opportunities that I've taken, or not taken and it can tell me about what might happen to me. I feel that this book was meant for the younger crowd, like me. It really makes you believe that you can do anything with your life. No matter what your background is, or how you got to where you are today, you can do something with your life. You can make something out of nothing. I think that's the theme of the book. It really portrays what the book is talking about. This is the reason I truly liked this book. After reading the book, I feel like I can do anything or be anyone I want to be. It is a real inspiration to me and I'm glad I read it.