Paper Towns by John Green | Teen Ink

Paper Towns by John Green

By Karizma_Garcia BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Karizma_Garcia BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Paper Towns

Paper Towns is a satisfying, uplifting, and adventurous book written by an amazing author, John Green. This book takes you into a life that you always imagined as a teenager. It takes place the characters’ senior year with a popular girl who seemed not to care whether or not people talked to her. This girl is Margo Roth Spiegelman. And a boy who was under the radar of social class in highschool, Quentin Jacobsen otherwise known as Q is the protagonist. Although they are polar opposites Q has been in love with Margo his whole life. Margo never talked to him until one night that ended in a all nighter, but the next day Margo was missing. Q soon learns clues were left behind for him to find her and while he is set out on this adventure Q learns the girl he thought he knew was a complete mystery.
  Paper Towns debuted at number 5 on the New York Times bestseller list and won the 2009 Edgar Award for Best Young Adult Mystery. John Green had many successes with this book and also has spread the book  to a lot of people. This book is very popular and has been known as one of John Green’s best works along with The Fault In Our Stars. Paper Towns is taught in many high schools and makes a great book for their curriculum. With raving reviews many people including The New York Times show that the plot is startlingly impressive.
  The way Green sets the clues through the story and all the conflicts in the story is very believable and relatable. Through every situation that occurred and clues found, Paper Towns made me feel as if I was in the story and finding each clue by myself. Something that was enjoyable from Paper Towns was the fact that the storyline was believable and nothing out of the ordinary happened that would make you wonder if that could ever really happen. Instead it had surprises and conflicts in the story that make your heart race and leave you at the edge of your seat because of all the possible outcomes that could happen from that one problem.
  Overall, this book was very adventurous and is a story that you would dream of happening to your adolescent self.  I do suggest this book to anyone who enjoys stories that are believable in a fictional way and that will leave you guessing after every page. Green’s idea of suspense and romance through the eyes of a teenage boy provides a brilliant story that is hard to put down.