El Coyote The Mexican Rebel by Luis Perez | Teen Ink

El Coyote The Mexican Rebel by Luis Perez

December 4, 2015
By JoseGalaviz BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
JoseGalaviz BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

                 El Coyote the Mexican Rebel
El Coyote the Mexican Rebel is the best way to describe the Mexican culture. It  tells a story about an orphaned Mexican boy who runs away from his cruel aunt and uncle who is an alcoholic. Luis Perez is an average Mexican kid, he soon joins the Mexican rebels and has a great adventure with his fellow rebel but, he decides to leave the rebels. The book takes place in Mexico but, soon he immigrants to the U.S. The book has an interesting storyline and it wants you to read more.
The Mexican Rebel gives you a great description about the Mexican revolution. Luis Perez  has a crazy life where It's difficult  to overcome when you're an eleven year old boy . During the book there is some humor where it replaces the tense parts and makes you relax. The humor in the book makes it enjoyable reading. The book is interesting reading since i'm Mexican it is interesting to read about where I originated from. The Mexican Rebel is interesting because it's very relatable, which makes it more amusing. His description of Mexico is spot on he's described it perfectly.
  The plot takes time and it's just slow paced.He left because his uncle was drinking all of Luis’s inheritance  and his aunt would abuse him, by joining the rebels he gains responsibilities to take care of himself. As he gains friends and loses friends  he leaves the Mexican rebels and starts to work and starts to grow up. You will get close to Luis and read what he has experienced.
I recommend  everyone to read this book but, most young males my age should  read this book. It caught my interest I do believe  it will catch most boy teenager's eye too. It is very relatable  to young males my age, so it will be a good experience to read this book.Mostly young adolescent males will enjoy this book .I do believe  this  a good book and I did enjoy this book. It does have some  typos  but even though it's still a good book. The book make you learn lesson during the book. The book is awesome and it will not be as waist of time.