The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch | Teen Ink

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

By Proper199 BRONZE, Davisburg, Michigan
Proper199 BRONZE, Davisburg, Michigan

The Last Lecture Book Review
The Rundown
Can you imagine what kind of life advice you would give people if it was your last day? Randy Pausch assigned with giving the last lecture of his life, what useful wisdom does a dying man share with his students? The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch is a powerful memoir that became a national phenomenon. The lecture was very inspiring, intelligent, and humorous. 
Overall interpretation of book
The last lecture focuses on the important parts of Randy Pausch’s last lecture. He gives his insight on life, what really matters. He tells people not to give up on their childhood dreams and encourages them to go out of their way to achieve them. Randy Pausch was a very intelligent man and this book of his wisdom... is life changing. 
Writing Style and Analysis
Randy Pausch has a unique writing style and ideology that I can summarize in these quotes “It’s a thrill to fulfill your own childhood dreams, but as you get older, you may find the enabling the dreams of others is even more fun.” “Anyone who uses “childhood” and “dream” on the same sentence usually gets my attention.” I think Randy Pausch was a great person, who wanted people to achieve their full potential, I think this was his own childhood dream. These quotes encapsulate how inspirational he was for people. 
The Recommendation
I would give this book a five star rating because of how inspiring it was, and how at times also very comical. I believe that everyone could get useful insight from reading this regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, or socioeconomic status. I think that the book was directed more towards young adults, so this will be a very inspiring book for his three children when they are becoming adults themselves. I also believe that the lecture was everything Randy Pausch wanted to tell his kids, but couldn’t. This book definitely changed my own outlook on life itself and just how valuable it is.  
332 words