Blue Exorcist (manga) by Kazue Kato | Teen Ink

Blue Exorcist (manga) by Kazue Kato

By A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey
A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Emily Bronte

"A shadow is the most loyal friend."
-Amanda Marcus

-Being a troubled teenager?  Check.
-Gets into fights?  Check.
-Issues job searching?  Check.
-An over achieving brother that makes you look bad?  Check.
-A super annoying parent?  Check.
Young Rin Okumaura could tell you all about all of that.  With a mean temper that affected not only his everyday life but also his ability to get a job, an overachieving younger twin, and a father who tended to be a bit… annoying, he thought his life couldn’t get any worse.  But, when bugs that apparently aren’t bugs start swarming in the air and some scary, slightly (very) deformed man comes after him spouting something about Satan, he has to rethink that belief and add another thing to his list. 
Rin Okumaura: son of satan and inheritor of his father’s wicked blue flame.
Now, Rin is thrown into a world of the unknown, with an apparent problem with the man he thought was his father and apparently his younger twin who he believes is completely in the dark about all of what has come to light, is way ahead of him.  He has to figure out how things are going to go from that point on and he’d be damned (ha ha) if he followed in the footsteps of his true father.
The Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist in Japanese) manga series by Kazue Kato is very interesting and is truly a remarkable series.  Currently with 15 volumes and more to come, it is an action packed fantasy that includes demons and exorcists… and sometimes demons who are exorcists.  Following the story of Rin from the time he figures out who he is and through his adventures trying to become who he wants to be, Blue Exorcist is an amazing series with great art and plot!
The series explores both sides of the war between demons and exorcists that somehow escapes the normal humans’ notice.  With a plot that twists and turns, characters that are amusing and oddly normal, and issues that would seem impossible, the series is a must read!
You can find this series on Amazon, in Barnes & Nobles and on the website, in the Kindle store, or in the Nook store.  This series is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next volume!  I highly recommend this series for anyone interested in graphic novels and fantasy.