I am Malala by Christina Lamb, Malala Yousafzai | Teen Ink

I am Malala by Christina Lamb, Malala Yousafzai

One can never truly know what they will get out of a book until they read it. I definitely did not know what I would get after reading I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban. When I picked up the book, I was expecting a book about how Malala has recovered from being shot, and the things that she has done to help improve the world. I was satisfied in learning that from the novel, but the writing was not one that I favored..
I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban is not only a story of what Malala has done, but it is about where she is now, how she got there, and what she believes in. Her beliefs are very strong, and I was able to agree with them easily. Malala uses every chance she can to promote education, which she believes is necessary for peace. Growing up in a family with an illiterate mother and a father who owns schools has set her on a path involving education.
Although the story was excellent in I am Malala, I did not like the writing. It was not able to hold my attention and keep me interested. The meaning behind all of it was fantastic, but as I was reading I am Malala, the wording did not captivate me. Throughout the entirety of the novel, there would be some moments where I would be extremely interested and want to read more, but there would also be moments where I was constantly checking for how much longer I had in the chapter or book. Christina Lamb’s writing was not able to intrigue me.
The writing was not fantastic in I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban, but the story and meaning behind it were. Malala Yousafzai never ceased to amaze me. I learned many new things that Malala has done to support education. All the projects that she has created to help create schools for people are truly amazing. I only wish that the writing was as amazing as the work that Malala has done. Although the writing ruined the the novel for me, I will always appreciate Malala Yousafzai’s story.