The Eleventh Plague | Teen Ink

The Eleventh Plague

October 5, 2015
By Shekynah BRONZE, Panora, Iowa
Shekynah BRONZE, Panora, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Eleventh Plague  by Jeff Hirsch  is an amazingly well composed book. The Eleventh Plague  has many twists and turns and ups and downs that make you keep turning the pages till the end but still leaves you wanting more.There are some heart breaking deaths and some thrilled filled battles. This book will never fail to leave the reader on edge with its crazy out comes and weird characters!

  

In The Eleventh Plague you will meet 15 year old Stephen Quinn  and with him you will go through many suspenseful battles ,like the one against the slavers and Settler’s landing, and many tragic losses ,like the loss of his grandfather. Stephen had always grown up in this awful waste land never seeing the world before the P11 or the end of all this as we know it. While Stephen and his dad are in a plane slavers come and set up camp in the same plane to wait out the rain. While trying to escape the slavers catch Them and they are in for a long run. While running Stephen's father falls into a huge river and Stephens go in after. While Stephen is in search for his stuff that he lost while escaping salvers the night before, he came across some men who had wandered into his campsite.

   

After a shoot off at each other Stephen goes down. When he wakes up there are the men who had knocked him out , once they see he is awake they offered to help him and his father seeing that they weren't  in good circumstances . Seeing no other choice they take them up on their offer because Stephen's father was in great need for medical help. The men took Stephen and his father to their somewhat large community,Settler's Landing, to aid his dad and him. While Stephen is there he gets himself into a little bit of trouble after meeting the Green's  mischievous daughter and going out to play a little prank and yelling some things that were misinterpreted. If you want to find out what happens next you will have to read The Eleventh Plague for yourself and if you do you will be in for an amazing story.

   

My opinion on The Eleventh Plague is that it is an amazing piece of work that is filled with thrill and tragedy. This book is one of the most interesting books I have read in a long while with all of its crazy out comes and interesting characters.The characters in the book all had great personalities one never like another making each one special and interesting. The plot was also amazing it had some dull parts but always made up for it with its suspenseful battles and mysteries. Most of all though it was a great interpretation on the world today of how war could end it all and turn our amazing world we have and love into a desolate wasteland with only a few survivors scattered along the land slowly dying off from influenza and other diseases and even other survivors  . Leaving everything as we know it to rot and wear away into nothing but what was the past, making everything for the future grim and dark with no hope.

   

So overall The Eleventh Plague is a tear jerking , thrill filled  post apocalyptic book. I will say reading it is a great idea it will leave you wanting more from this amazing author like maybe his other amazing book The Darkest Path . So when you are looking for a book to read in your spare time pick up The Eleventh Plague. It will surely leave you with maximum satisfaction as it did for me. I sure would give this book 10/10 apocalypses !!