Wonder by R.J. Palacio | Teen Ink

Wonder by R.J. Palacio

By Dewdaisy098 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Dewdaisy098 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

"Fun is good"- Dr Suess

August Pullman was born with facial deformities that kept him form going to a legit school. That is, until the fifth grade August has started middle school at Beecher prep. At first August wanted nothing to do with going to a legit school. He made a few friends, but most of the people at their school do not go out of their way to be nice to August.
  August gets over the people who were mean to him. Then the people who were originally mean to August because the Antagonist Julian leaves the school, all because of August Pullman.  
   I personally think that the theme of the book was "To not judge a book by it's cover". The author, R.J. Palacio wrote this book to sat that this stuff happens all the time and that's it's extremely realistic. It also happens to people that don't even have anything "wrong" with them.
  The book Wonder goes back and fourth to August's, his two friends Jack and Summer, and few more people point of view.
  I gave this book a 4 out of 5 starts. The reason I didn't give it the whole five starts are that, I just didn't really like how the whole family revolved around August. I know that he has deformities and things but he has a sister and I feel like she gets left out a lot in the book. But other than that I thought that it was a very good book. I would recommend this to anyone because it's very realistic.

I thought this book was very realistic.