Diary of a Young Girl-Anne Frank by Anne Frank | Teen Ink

Diary of a Young Girl-Anne Frank by Anne Frank

By Emerald_Mustache BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Emerald_Mustache BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one however remembers to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore

Diary of a Young Girl-Anne Frank

Anne Frank and her family have a problem that could very easily end their lives. They are hiding from the Nazi's in a secret room, with another family and an old dentist. They live their days in a small compressed room, waiting for the war to finally someday end.
Anne Frank and her family lived in a cramped space for about two years until they were caught. In the meantime of those two years, Anne writes about everything that happens for each day. That continues, and we learn that Anne feels like she drifts from her family the more they spend time together in the Secret Annex.
          The book over all was very moving and information. At some points of the book, a lot of things would happen at once and I would get lost. I would want other students to read this book, because it explains how these people managed to live in bad conditions for two years, something we could never imagine.
          Overall, I give the book 3 and a half stars. It is well written for a 13 year old, and says some things and emotions that we cannot even begin to imagine. Yes, at some parts it did get confusing, but to help it is good to re-read over the page to understand more of what it is saying.