Pretty Little Liars | Teen Ink

Pretty Little Liars

My book comes from a series of books written by Sara Shepard. This book is about four girls who live in a small town named Rosewood and that go to Rosewood High School. Spencer Hastings is an intelligent,overachieving girl who is very well off. Hannah Marin another character in the book who suffers from an eating disorder and lives with only her mom. Emily Fields is a swimmer who struggles with her sexuality. Aria Montgomery a sweet and nice bubbly girl who at first is trying to find herself. Last but not least, Alison Dilaurentis the main character in the book who is the leader of the group; Aria,Emily,Hannah, and Spencer. Which later on in the book Alison dies. Pretty little liars starts with Alison disappearing the summer before 8th grade. Three years later, the girls live on their own and don't talk to eachother. Throughout the story, the girls receive anonymous messages from someone named "A". He or she threatens them to reveal all of their secrets from the past and present. The girls believe it was their long lost friend Alison since she went missing. Shockingly they found Alison's body buried in a gazebo in the back of her own yard. The book ends with the girls receiving a text message from "A" at Alison's funeral saying "I'm still here b****es, and I know everything".

Sara Shepard is an American author, best known for her series of Pretty little liars & The lying game. I would recommend this book to teenage girls who love mischief.This book is very full of drama, tragedy, and suspense. The main reason why I started to read this book was because this was made into a tv show on ABC Family. The show was based on Sara Shepard's novel on Pretty little liars. There were a few changes compared to the show. For example, Alison had  two brothers and one of them was a step brother. I am by far more interested in the book than in the actual tv show,which amazes me because I am not the kind to just sit around and read a book on my free time. Overall, I really enjoy seeing a different side of the story because watching it on tv is so much more different than to actually pick up and reading it.