Mockingjay Review | Teen Ink

Mockingjay Review

By JoseGalaviz BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
JoseGalaviz BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Mockingjay is an action packed book. I thought it was a good book because it kept me entertained and wanting to read more. It made you curious on what was going to happen next. Mockingjay is a science fiction novel with creatures and future technology. The story had some growing characters throughout the story. As Mockingjay progressed, I became more interested in some specific characters. Although the story was great, it needed more details. The first half of the book was very slow paced. At the beginning, there was little to no action. Susan would introduce new characters throughout the book, but I felt that she introduced them rushed. She would introduce too many characters at once.

The end of the story needed more details. The ending of the book was very disappointing. To me, the ending was very simple. The ending left me questioning what happened to the other characters and their lives. The first two books were about how Katniss is strong and independent, but in Mockingjay, it seemed as her emotions were unstable. Throughout the book, Katniss would whine and pity herself. I also disagree on some of the characters deaths. In the first book Katniss volunteered herself to save her sister, but in Mockingjay the unexpected plot surprised me and made the book more interesting. I recommend for teenagers to read this book because it has action and problems that teenager can relate to. The book had some good features and some flaws. For the most part, the book was entertaining and I enjoyed reading it.