The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown | Teen Ink

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

The Da Vinci Code, the name of one of the many books that exist in this world. To some, it is a criminal offense to one of the world’s largest religions. To others, it is an amazing piece of literature that demonstrates the possible truths about what we believe in.
Now, The Da Vinci Code in itself is an amazing read. It is the story of Robert Langdon, a Harvard professor on business trip to Paris, who is informed one night that a curator of the famous Louvre museum had been murdered by an unknown figure, and that the curator has left clues to the discovery of the Holy Grail, which Langdon seems to be the only one capable of solving. With the help of a police cryptographer, Sophie Neveu, Langdon begins a journey full of ancient secrets, complex codes, unfathomable puzzles, and hidden messages left by our world’s most famous artists and scientists. 
Shortly after the book was released, many saw the book as a whole to be bash against the Catholic Church. After reading it and analyzing its plot points and religious basis, it could be considered this, but it all really depends on how religiously dedicated you are as a person. If your personal morals or level of faith don’t possibly find this as an offensive novel, than you might find it to be very enjoyable. The religious mystery, the captivating plot, and the iconic and respectable characters all make part of an excellent story. Anyone who has decent knowledge on the Catholic religion, or is someone from a high school students to a wise senior would highly enjoy a novel such as this one.
The Da Vinci Code is a very interesting literary jewel in the conspiracy fiction genre. Its creative description of what may be the actual true story behind the Catholic Church’s history is a must read for those want to know the reason behind the book’s religious controversy, or for those who just want to read about the possible “what ifs?” that a very meticulous author managed to piece together.