Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner | Teen Ink

Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner

By MichaelP.Vigil BRONZE, Thornton Co, Colorado
MichaelP.Vigil BRONZE, Thornton Co, Colorado

The Review of Think Like a Freak
After reading this book I felt like I had more knowledge than I started with. It wasn’t knowledge that is common, but the knowledge that was taught was life lessons. As I started to read I knew that this was the right choice of book. I knew that as I started to read this book it was going to lead me to so many discussions with myself that I never had before. It helped me understand that I should think of what I am going to say before I say it. The vocabulary in this book surprised me significantly. The vocabulary surprised me because as the book told many stories the vocabulary helped put what they were saying into more meaning and detail. It is remarkable that this book made me think so much about so many things.
Knowing that what the authors say is mostly true and what they say is based much on data and the results makes me believe in what the they say. What they say has so much meaning and thought into it, it is astonishing! When they tell you a story it gives a lot of different perspectives to help you see problems in many different possible ways. This book teaches you what life problems may occur, and that you have to use what they teach you at a given problem in life. It helps you understand that when a problem or choice occurs to you, you will know how to solve it by outsmarting it. The authors don’t teach you simple tricks they teach you ways to establish common sense, creativity, and effect ways to think about situations.
This book also helped me understand ways on what to do when you approach a problem. It offers great advice and shows you many people have different incentives and you have to think around any problems that you may be presented with in your everyday life. Now I understand there are times to think critically and “think like a child”. When you “think like a child” it just means to be more open and to notice the obvious things in a situation or a given problem. The advice given may lead me in the direction to my success. This book is a great read. I would recommend this book to many ages 12 through roughly 60. I am very glad to have read this book and I am glad I learned a lot more than I knew before I started to read this book. Most importantly I have successfully learned how to think like a freak.