twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

twilight by Stephenie Meyer

By vanessa17 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
vanessa17 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

I never really pictured myself reading a story about blood sucking people, that was until Twilight came out. The way Stephenie Meyer wrote about vampires changed my whole perspective around and It made It hard for me to put the book down.
                     In the book Twilight a transferred student named Bella Swan , falls In love with the most handsome  guy at school Edward Cullen. Everybody seems to know that something about him is different. Nobody ever suspected that him and his family were vampires. Aside from Edward and his cousins his parents were mysterious and never seen in public.
                       Meyer’s way of describing every character and scene makes you believe and feel like you're in the book, experiencing everything along with the characters. In each page of the book there is a suspenseful twist that will keep you turning the page. The way Stephenie describes Edward Cullen, a handsome and mysterious guy makes us, all girls want an Edward of our own and gets us all jealous of how lucky Bella Swan is.
                         Personally i felt more connected to Bella Swan because she is not afraid to take risk in love. She overlooks the flaws in Edward Cullen and accepts that he’s a vampire.At the same time she is a very caring person to everyone. Stephenie Meyers describes Bella as a very clumsy and stubborn character. I myself am very clumsy and at times stubborn. I too can overlook the flaws in someone and picture them perfect in my head.
                         My favorite quote from the book is ,“I like the night, without the dark, we’d never see the stars”. This quote really captured my attention because it means that you have to go through problems in life for you to find happiness.
                     Twilight is such an exhilarating book It will have you hands down eager to find out what's next. No wonder Twilight Is the #1 New York Times bestseller. It’s astonishing that this book was written based on a dream Stephenie Meyer had. The author never imagined that Twilight would have turned out to be such an amazing book.
                      This book will definitely have you believe there are actual vampires roaming around. It will have you crying yet at the same time you'll be frightened by this twisted and romantic love story. I had no idea that when I picked up this book It was going to be difficult to put it down.