Destroy All Cars by Blake Nelson | Teen Ink

Destroy All Cars by Blake Nelson

June 11, 2015
By ILikeKitties SILVER, Sacramento, California
ILikeKitties SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

                     Destroy All Cars


               Destroy All Cars is a fantastic comedic novel that perfectly captures the point of view of a rebellious teenage boy. The story is about James Hoff a 17 year old boy who wants to change how the world is full of companies, and how people are all consuming a bunch of junk they don’t need. Also James just can’t escape his Ex-Girlfriend Sadie who’s like the perfect student. It’s funny, cringe-worthy, dramatic, and will make you squeal like a little schoolgirl.
              If you’re a teenager then you can probably relate a lot to how James is like. James thinks that all companies and cars should be destroyed. He’s like a revolutionist but he’s also like any other typical teenager. He’s complains about how everything is destroying the world and stuff, and writes these hilarious essays to his English teacher which are all pretty much him ranting about the world.
            James Ex-Girlfriend Sadie thinks similar to James but she’s doing stuff not so drastic. Like building parks, or bike routes. While James wants to destroy companies and crazy stuff like that. Sadie thinks James should try to provide more for the environment if he wants to “change the world’ nonetheless James always keeps meeting up with Sadie in random awkward situations. It’s really awkward when they meet you just want to punch a wall to ease the tension up or something.
             James goes on with a typical teenage life hanging with friends and seeing girls. Then he gets assigned to a project with his Ex Sadie, they are to do a project on a polluted pond. They do the project and stuff. In the end they make up as friends and then Sadie leaves to another state and James gets on with his life.
            Destroy All Cars is mostly a comedic story about a normal teenage boy who doesn’t agree with about how society and the economy is. It’s pretty funny and entertaining. It’s a good book that’s enjoyable that you should pick up if you have free time.