Columbine by Dave Cullen | Teen Ink

Columbine by Dave Cullen

By FaithFamilyFootball BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
FaithFamilyFootball BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

I decided to read this book so that I might better understand the tragedy which occured at my high school. This however, is not what I walked away with. Even though it is still difficult for me to understand the reasons and causes of that horrific incident, I took away something much more valuable to my life and everyone else's lives as well. During the aftermath of the tragedy, the school and the community came together, and they were stronger than ever before. Even though the loss of that day will never be truly repaid, there is something that we all can give to make our world just as whole as it was before: Love. It is what brought this community back together, and it is what continues to change, better, and even save lives. This is what this book is truly about. Within all the compiled information and facts of this novel lies a single message; that the power of love is very real, and that it has the power to heal even the most severe wounds that our hearts can suffer. Whatever reason you may have for reading this book, you will not regret reading a word once you turn that final page over. You may end up like I did, a little surprised and confused with your takeaway, but these words have the power to change your view of the world, and will give you a stronger knowledge of the power of the human heart.