Splintered by A.G. Howard | Teen Ink

Splintered by A.G. Howard

May 5, 2015
mydoctorwhostuffisawesome BRONZE, Midvale, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Well the book Splintered by A.G. Howard may not be the most well know book it’s really good and has a lot of creativity in the book itself.  I personally loved the book because of the really good well thought out characters the setting was creative and all around fun and silly.  I liked how well thought out the story was and all the plot twists and how it made me sit on the edge of my seat to know what happened next.
Splintered is about a girl named Alyssa Gardener, Alyssa is the great-great-great-granddaughter of Alice Liddell the one who told Lewis Carroll of wonderland.  Scene Alyssa great-great-great-grandmother all the women in her family seem to go crazy and can here bugs and flowers talk. When things take a wrong turn, it’s up to Alyssa to go to wonder land and break her family’s curse, in a race against the clock to prove her family isn't crazy before it’s too late.
I loved Alyssa and how well she handles the things that are thrown at her.   I love her teenage girl personality and yet the seemingly childlike wonder and curiosity.  I liked how strong, she was and how independent she was.  She’s a character that’s had a really tough time but she makes it through all of the bullying she got because of Alice and I love that she could always seem to make it through her life.