Looking for Alaska by John Green | Teen Ink

Looking for Alaska by John Green

By natallliiee BRONZE, Midvale, Utah
natallliiee BRONZE, Midvale, Utah

Looking for Alaska by John Green
Miles Halter is greatly fascinated by famous last words. He is tired of his boring/safe life at home. He is soon going to Culver Creek Preparatory Academy where he goes to seek a Great Perhaps. There he soon meets the greatest people ever, and the people who have a great impact on his life. So many things await Miles at his new school, including Alaska Young, who might’ve already led him to his Great Perhaps.

This book goes to tell a tragically beautiful story about a boy and his great adventures with great people. John Green does a phenomenal job at wording the emotion in the characters feelings. I personally really liked the book the message behind the book makes the soul feel enlightened. John Green makes everyone in his novels seem so beautiful, even if they’re full of flaws they’re beautiful because they’re so true to life. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a heartfelt book about teenage years, love, and beauty.

Although, in this book, I would’ve loved to hear more about Alaska as a person, especially physically. She is supposed to be mysterious and her mind like a labyrinth but her appearance could’ve been better described to show how beautiful she is inside and out even tough she’s complicated. She seems like such a gem in her mind and in the way she is, I couldn’t even imagine her physical appearance.