UnDivided by Neal Shusterman | Teen Ink

UnDivided by Neal Shusterman

By Elijah Hutchings BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
Elijah Hutchings BRONZE, Sandy, Utah

I have always been a fan of the Unwind series and a fan of Neal Shusterman's work and UnDivided does not disappoint. This book hits on all the essential points and themes a book needs to succeed. In the last installment of the Unwind series are three heroes from the original first book are finally all reunited and are now working to destroy the practice of unwinding. But of course there is something in their way to completing this, Proactive Citizenry, the evil company that created the rewound teen Cam, wants to start mass producing rewound teens for military use. And with Proactive Citizenry's dark and evil secrets gives these heroic teens even more reason to destroy this malice organization but Proactive Citizenry isn't the only antagonist in this novel. Starkey and his group of storks are now growing stronger and fiercer, they'll threaten to burn down the harvest camps and kill every adult that worked in them which could destroy America's future. So the three teen heroes have to now work together to destroy these two growing evil superpowers and to unveil the dark secretes to the world that Proactive Citizenry have been keeping for years, to save themselves and to save America's future teens.

UnDivided enraptures many different themes like action, adventure, thriller and mystery and can appeal to many different people who have different tastes. This book is especially great for teens or young adult who are looking for a novel with good characters and a good and original story. UnDivided is unlike any other book that I have personally read, no matter where I left off in the book I was interested and enthralled by the story and couldn’t wait to keep reading. Neal Shusterman uses strong and engaging words and language to keep the reader interested in the book and to keep them wanting more.

What I personally liked about UnDivided was the characters and their development throughout the book what I also liked about the book was the different perspectives the book is written in and how Neal Shusterman switches the perspective between the many characters in the book. What Neal Shusterman all so does that I personally like is the suspense that Neal Shusterman uses to keep everyone on the edge of their seats.

Finally, the novel has strong developed characters and a strong and original story. And this novel shows that teens should not be suppressed under a governments iron thumb. And that teens should follow their instinct and use their power to not let a government control them and use them. UnDivided is a great read for any age and appeals to many people, I recommend it to everyone.