Torn:Book 1 by K.A. Robinson | Teen Ink

Torn:Book 1 by K.A. Robinson

By Pat_Robinson BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois
Pat_Robinson BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois

Torn is the first book in the Torn trilogy, written by K. A. Robinson. The main character, Chloe, decides to start a new life at college in West Virginia with her two best friends, Logan and Amber. She goes about her days trying to forget her horrible childhood and abusively demented mother. All is well in her life until she meets Drake, a pierced and tattooed bad boy. Just like the title of this novel, Chloe is torn apart by decisions of love, friendship, and education.
I have read all three books in the Torn series: Torn, Twisted, and Tainted, but the first novel is the best in my opinion. Torn is written in first person, which really shows the emotion of Chloe and what she is thinking. Robinson’s detailed descriptions for each and every event made me sick to my stomach, but in a good way. When Chloe found herself feeling nervous, I also felt nervous. When someone or something came into the storyline and spooked Chloe, I became spooked as well. The story itself was never really boring. Whether it was a fight or a wicked party, I was almost always on the edge of my seat.
I stumbled upon Torn in the romance section of a local bookstore. The cover definitely is not eye-catching, but the title is. My curiosity pushed me to pluck it off the shelf, and after I read the first couple pages, I was a bit disappointed when it was not as captivating as I was hoping; however, I did skip further down into the book and found myself lost in Robinson’s words. I purchased the book and finished it within a week. I was fairly disappointed with the end until I realized that there was another book in the series that continued Chloe’s adventure.