The Hoot by Carl Hiaasen | Teen Ink

The Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

March 25, 2015
By Anonymous

“Two heads are better than one”. This is the main idea of this story.
Hoot was written by Carl Hiaasen. The setting of this story is in Coconut Cave, Florida, in the present day. This is a story about a boy who learns how to protect something with teamwork. I liked this book.

There is a boy named Roy. He sees a boy who is running without shoes. That is the beginning of Roy’s valuable story. Roy is interested in him. Roy tries to find out who he is. The shoeless boy is very strange. He doesn’t want to tell his name. He doesn’t go to school, but he really loves animals. They are going to do very valuable things with their teamwork. Does their teamwork work very well? You’ll have to read the book.

I really love this book.
First, I enjoy this book because of the main idea. I think the main idea of this story is teamwork. If you want to do something, it is better to do it together with someone. Roy, Beatrice and the strange boy have same idea which is  protecting the animal, so they work together to protect the animal. The teamwork works very well. This main idea reminds me of my own experiences. I love animals also. I used to have a dog but died already, so I know how important the animal life are. I have same idea with them, so I can absolutely enjoy this book.
Second, I love the character. There are many different characters in this book. I love the strange boy the most because of his plot. He did many unique things. I love his unique ideas. For example, he runs without shoes, and he doesn’t want to go to school. The unique things stand him very different from other characters, so he is very outstanding.
That’s difficult to see that characters.
Third, I love this story. It seems like  a detective story. This story closes to a mind battle. Not a big action story. Roy tries to solve the conflict with his creative plan. They use their brain to solve their problems. I love detective story, so I absolutely enjoy this story. If you interested in that kind of story, then you can enjoy this story.

If you feel interesting by reading this review, go buy this book now! I recommended this books.