Dewey by Vicki Myron | Teen Ink

Dewey by Vicki Myron

Dewey by Vicki Myron was an amazing book. It is a heart-warming story about Dewey, a library dwelling cat who touches many lives and hearts around the world. His story starts as a little kitten found in the return box of a library in the small town of Spencer, Iowa on the coldest night of the year. True story. When he was discovered the next morning, Vicki immediately snatched him up. The library staff and the people of Spencer would soon adore Dewey.

The way Myron tells the tale of Dewey is the same way a mother tells her children an old family story. Not only holding your attention, but enthralling you and making you feel like you were a part of the story. All of the silly things that Dewey does will make you laugh and smile. Everything about the story, from the chilly beginning to the tissue box ending, will have you wishing that you knew the famous cat, Dewey

But there is more to the book than just a cat. It tells stories about Myron's life before and during Dewey's time at the library. She talks about how her family acted and how close they were before the tide turned. Through good times and bad, Dewey was always there to teach Myron a lesson or two about life.

Dewey teaches a lesson of life and what its about. How it's about love and not material objects. And how it is important to find your place in the world. Because only once you find your place can you start to change lives.