Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly | Teen Ink

Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly

January 20, 2009
By Anonymous

Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly is a well-written classic about two teenagers falling in love over the summer. The novel greatly describes Angie (short for Angeline) Morrow and Jack Duluth's feelings for each other. There are many obstacles that get in their way, but like in good relationships, they find a way to sort things out. Disapproving parents, moving away, college, they work around it all to be together.
Jack Duluth's character is described as good-looking: “Jack was the kind of guy that all girls wanted to go out with”, sweet: he took Angie out on a moonlight sail for the first date, easy to talk to: they never felt awkward around each other, and he was not the least bit hung up on himself.
Angie Morrow thought she was not Jack's type. At all. She stated that he was definitely out of her league, but before the first date was over, she knew something magical was happening.
I personally thought this novel had an easy to follow plot, and also a great plot. There was a lot of descriptive writing, which helped me picture the characters in my mind. Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly is a great book to read. I strongly recommend this book; it is an attention-capturing novel.