Brave New World | Teen Ink

Brave New World

January 20, 2009
By Anonymous

The timeless classic, Brave New World, by Aldous Huxly is a futuristic presentation of our world in the future. Set in London of 2540, it’s a world bent on reproductive technology and sleep-learning. Nothing is sacred and relationships are considered a dirty joke.
Brave New world is an action/suspense thriller genre. Although with mounds of vocabulary and an old century voice makes it hard to understand. If you were to close your eyes you could see every square inch of London. But if someone were to ask me about the book I would not recommend it. Maybe if they were to update the wording it could be a great book.
Brave New World was written in 1931 while Aldous was living in London, England. The book was set in the future but reflects on what was happening back then. The industrial revolution, the First World War, and the invention of mass production were all sources of plots in the book. An early trip to the U.S. gave the book most of its character.
London, which was considered a world state, is filled with high tech gear. There are rockets instead of planes and obstacle course golf. Everything you would imagine in the future is there. With each chapter filled with sense enticing vocabulary makes you feel as your one of them. “A truly chaotic place to be”, is what is going on.
The main characters such as Thomas, Hennery, Linina, Bernard, and Benito all have an interconnection. Huxly made these people come alive by making a big chain of events to connect them. They are very likable people considering the world they live in and what they are expected to behave. The relationship they have is much like a late night TV drama.