Hoof Beats of Danger by Holly Hudge | Teen Ink

Hoof Beats of Danger by Holly Hudge

January 20, 2009
By Anonymous

Do you like to solve mysteries? Do you like horses? Do you like to get stuck in a book? If you answered yes to any of these, Hoof Beats of Danger is just for you. It’s by Holly Hudges which has written many books that are part of her series. I think they are very good books and would recommend them to anyone.
This book is about a girl, named Annie, whose dad works at the pony express station. She goes to work with her dad and falls in love with this horse that is very wild and dangerous. They call it the loco horse. Her dad tells her to stay away from the horse but that doesn’t stop her. She still visits it secretly. The horse ends up getting poisoned by something and her dad has no choice but to shoot it.
Can Annie has to save this horse before it’s too late, and prove to her dad that someone poisoned the poor insistent horse? It’s a mystery to make. If you want to find out just read Hoof Beats of Danger!
Holly Hudges has a whole series of Historical Mysteries. I have read all of them and I think that this one is the best. I recommend this to middle school students but it is pretty easy to read at any age.
If I had to rate this book I would give it 5 out of 5 Stars. Holly uses very good word choice and makes it really interesting. She makes it so interesting that sometimes I couldn’t put it down. That is the kind of books I like. I
If this review interests you, you may want to consider reading Holly Hudges series. They are very good book and I would recommend it to anyone.