The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom | Teen Ink

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

January 15, 2009
By Anonymous

I have recently read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. It is a very good book written during the war. Now, you think it would be boring but it is not about the war. In fact, there is only one part about it. The main character, named Eddie, is an old veteran of the war. He fixes rides at a pier and makes sure the roller coasters are running well. Every day he is filled with loneliness and regret that someday his life will change. Then, one day, tragedy struck the amusement park. Eddie, on his 83rd birthday, dies. Trying to save a little girl, he gets crushed and, with that, his spirit too. At his final moment, he feels two small hands- and then that's it. Eddie knew all of the little kids who went to the amusement park. He liked the little ones but hated teens. Everyone stared around hoping Eddie was ok. He wakes up in a different world. The afterlife - or as some might call it, heaven. In his journey through heaven, he realizes that it is not just a peaceful resting place, but it explains your life by five people from your past time. Eddie meets these five people and at the end, he wonders if he had saved the little girl's life. Was his saving successful or did he die just to make the little girl die? The answer lies within his fifth person he meets in heaven. But maybe I have said too much. You'll just have to keep reading and find out.