The Transall Saga by Gary Paulsen | Teen Ink

The Transall Saga by Gary Paulsen

Mark was hiking and in a flash of blue, there was red grass all around him, within a huge forest. The story of The Transall Saga, by Gary Paulsen, is a very unique sci-fi, unlike one I've ever read. This story is about a boy named Mark who's about fourteen. He goes on a hiking trip and is transported to a whole new world. He ends up finding a village that makes him a warrior and he meets a girl named Megaan. Then Mark is faced with a heart tearing decision.

This novel is filled with excitement, love, and war, and will keep you guessing. Paulsen's style of writing is easy to comprehend yet at the same time mature. What I think Paulsen did well is capturing and expressing the characters and what they love, hate, and enjoy doing. What kept me reading is the suspense of what would happen next. Out of many that I've read this book is one of my favorites.

I would recommend this book to any of my friends. I also think this book would be good for anyone over twelve. I loved this novel and hope anyone who reads it will love it as much as I did.