The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice | Teen Ink

The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

Blonde hair, blue eyes, and the dark trick at work. When death offers a choice, your answer will mean nothing. The Vampire Lestat, by Anne Rice, tells the tale of a cunning, determined, and foolish young actor, his mad violinist friend, his willful mother, and the vampires he shall come to meet. That is, once he has become one himself. Through this fantasy, Lestat, chosen for his looks, is given the dark gift, the life of a vampire, if you will. His creator then leaving Lestat with less than a word, he's left to discover the undergrounds of Paris alone. Alone meaning him, his mother, and Paris's own convent of Vampires, who are trapped with their leader Armand in the dark ways of the past. Bringing them into the turn of the 1800s, secrets slip, setting Lestat off to find the answers, and to find more. His journey unlocks just this, more secrets, more tales, more questions, more answers, and more threats that some say he never should have known. Why, is a whole other story in itself.

Anne Rice has outdone herself with this piece of fantasy. With indescribable passion, haunting desires, and dramatized mysteries that could hardly have been written by anyone with less talent. Enchanted by this mystifying novel, leaving you at such a peak, you won't be able to get the next book fast enough! Addicting quotes, exceptional vocabulary, and organization that always keeps just enough hidden locks the reader in a trance while reading this book. It is an ideal sequel to the first book, Interview with a Vampire. Personal beliefs tell me that this book should be read by all. Though deeper thinking and logic suggest this book for those 13 and up. Grip this tale quickly; you'll never believe what happens next.