Marley and Me by John Grogan | Teen Ink

Marley and Me by John Grogan

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

Have you ever had a dog that loved to chew and eat anything that he could gets his paws on? No matter what he destroyed, you loved him. The book Marley and Me, by John Grogan, is an autobiograghy about John Grogan's family and their crazy dog, Marley. John is a journalist in a small town in Florida. He married Jenny about a year before they got their puppy, Marley. Marley did not stay a puppy for long, before they knew it he turn into this big uncontrollable dog that would not take “no” for an answer. Marly loved to go to the beach and take long walks dragging John behind him. John and Jenny face many conflicts having a dog like Marley.

John has many problems trying to train Marley, creating a character vs. character conflicted. No matter what John tried, multiple ways of training him, by using a leash, to obedience classes, where Marley acted so terrible he was kicked out of class. It made me wonder what it would be like to hear the story in Marley's point-of-view. Grogan wrote it in first person so we know his point-of-view. I think if we knew what Marley was thinking it would definatly wouldn't be the same in many ways. This book is a heart warming story anyone can enjoy just be sure to have a full box of tissues when you are coming to the end of the book.