Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

Stephenie Meyer’s fantasy novel, Twilight, is centered on 17-year old Bella Swan going to live with her father in dreary Forks, Washington. Once she arrives, she soon finds herself in a life threatening relationship. Her boyfriend’s a vampire. Edward Cullen and his family are in-humanly beautiful, immortal vampires living their lives as “vegetarians.” Choosing to only drink animal blood, the Cullen’s try to live a normal life, and only Bella knows their secret. However, as James, a lethal vampire, becomes obsessed with drinking Bella’s blood, she gets put in a mad dash for her life.

Meyer does a spectacular job in writing Twilight, a book you’ll treasure forever. Meyer does a great job in balancing love and action. She intertwines the relationship between Edward and Bella, and the fighting between the Cullen’s and James, keeping it interesting all the way through. Every page is jaw dropping and pulls you in deeper and deeper making you never want to put it down. I would recommend this book to mature twelve year olds and up that love action and romance. This book is a captivating read I am sure everyone will enjoy.