The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery | Teen Ink

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

Have you ever wanted to go to another planet? If you have, then you should read
The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint Exupery. It is a science fiction novel with a twist. It is about a little boy with a extraordinary mind. He comes from a planet that is quite small and you would only have to take about ten steps to get to the other side. He has to leave his favorite flower behind as he goes on a voyage to different planets, and when he comes to earth, he meets a man who's plain has crashed in the desert ( the man in the desert is the author). On his voyage, the little prince learns the meaning of life. This book may be hard for some people to grasp, but if you don't think too hard, you will understand it.
The writing style of the author is straight forward. For example, when the prince speaks, he says what he means in a small amount of words, he gets straight to the point. The way Saint Exupery writes also captures the characters personality with out describing them extensively. Just by the words he chooses for the characters dialogue, describes the character. For example, the Little Princes personality is not densely described in the book, but when you read about his actions and what he is saying, you feel like you have known him all your life.
In conclusion I love the book even though it is a little sad. I recommend this classic book to adults as well as children. The book has characteristics that adults and children will enjoy.