The Clique Bratfast at Tiffany's | Teen Ink

The Clique Bratfast at Tiffany's

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

“The only thing harder then getting in is staying in.” Are you the kind of person who loves to read a realistic fiction book about the brattiness and problems of other boys and girls? Then, Bratfest at Tiffany's is a book you would love to read. In Lisi Harrisons clique series, this particular book explains the control issues Massie Block deals with. Massie is the leader of a group caller the pretty commity(PC). The PC rules the school. Massie runs into some problems with her friends when she declares a “boy-fast”, and Alicia doesn't play by the rules. Massie and Alicia have been friends for a long time. When the tension rises between the PC, Massie makes sure she stays in control. The summer is over and it is back to school for the PC.
It's been a while since the last time they have seen OCD, the school has changed, and is still changing.

Lisi Harrison writes great novels about the lives of boys and girls in seventh and eighth grade, living in Westchester New York. Harrison uses wonderful suspense in her series. Each book makes you want to read more and never stop reading. In Bratfest at Tiffany's, Harrison's use of suspense is making you wait until the end of the book to find out if the PC reputation stays as good as its always been. Another thing that Harrison did well was her use of description. She really painted a picture in my head. By the end of the first book, I had a perfect image of each character. I enjoyed reading this novel because the main characters are the same age as me. This book has quite a bit of boy drama, but mainly focuses on the girls, I thought that it balanced the story out. While reading the book, what kept me going was my curiosity, because the action never stopped. I was always wondering if Alicia was really going to pick a guy over her best friends? I would have to recommend this book to girls ages twelve and up.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.