Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer

Eclipse is the third thrilling love story in the Twilight saga written by Stephenie Meyer. In this book, the main character, Bella, learns that people may be different than how they appear at first, and that there is always a reason behind everything. During Eclipse, Bella has to learn how to balance her friendships when her two best friends, Edward the vampire and Jacob the werewolf, are total opposites and hate each other. What brings them closest together is when Bella is in the most danger. In this book, Bella lives a normal teenage life in Forks, Washington, at least, everyone thinks it’s normal.
Stephenie Meyer writes wonderful love/thrilling stories, one of them being Eclipse. Her way of writing makes you not want to put the book down. The first person point-of-view she uses, helps you understand the book and tells you what the person is thinking. In Eclipse, there is always rising action and cliffhangers that are leaving you “thirsty” for more. I think Eclipse is a well-written book with good suspense throughout all of it. It kept me reading even when I didn’t want to anymore. I liked it because of how Stephenie Meyer wrote it and everything that happens. I wouldn’t recommend this book for kids that are scared of vampires and werewolves. I have seen 9-10 year olds reading this book and the other books in the Twilight saga. This is a wonderful book that I would recommend reading to anyone, but in order to understand it, you would have to read the first two books in the saga, Twilight and New Moon.