Artemis Fowl the Eternity Code | Teen Ink

Artemis Fowl the Eternity Code

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

“' A waitress walked in, smiling a dazzling smile. ‘ Hello there young man. Would you like to see the children's menu?'

A vein pulsed in Artemis' temple.

‘No mademoiselle, I would not like to see the children's menu. I have no doubt that the Children's menu itself tastes better than the meals on it.'”

Artemis Fowl is a boy who is too smart for his age. Eventually, his smarts lead him to discover something that didn't want to be found. His discovery was all sorts of mystical creatures, fairy technology, and magic. Now, using all his smarts and fairy technology he has “borrowed” from the fairy Lower Elements Police Reconnaissance or LEPrecon, he has built a super computer that fits in the palm of your hand. Artemis Fowl arranges a meeting with a powerful and rich man named Jon Spiro. The meeting ends with a seismic boom, Jon Spiro gets away with the cube and Butler almost dies but thanks to Artemis, Butler lives with the help of some fairy magic.
Artemis Fowl the Eternity Code, by Eoin Colfer, is a fantasy novel that puts you in the very pit of action, firefights, hand-to-hand combat, narrow escapes, and driving a man to the point of insanity by playing games with his mind. What I like about the story is the descriptive writing. When Colfer describes an explosion, I can actually feel the heat of the explosion, searing the hair on the back of my neck. Also, I enjoyed when he describes, “riding a hotspot,” (riding a magma flare from the center of the Earth straight up in a little magma proof metal pod at Mach II. I recommend this book to fifth grade and up because this book uses some crude humor and moderate language.