Touchdown Alexander | Teen Ink

Touchdown Alexander

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

If you want to read a fantastic inspirational sports story, you should definitely read Touchdown Alexander. Shaun Alexander tells his life story with football and just his whole family life.

Shaun is just a normal person, living with his family at home. Church, along with his faith is a very important part of his life. In this autobiography book, he talks about his childhood with his brother Duren. When he got interested in football, he went through his high school career and college career at Alabama. What I really like about that aspect, is that he really describes how these situations come up. For example, he had a hard time choosing a college to go to. That's one of the main reasons I love this book. It's so easy to relate to.

While Shaun is in the NFL, (National Football League) which is where he eventually goes after college ball, he describes lots of situations that professional would really be in. That's another thing I thought was cool because you can see how the professionals really live. One example from the book is he is in the NFL draft, (where college players go to get drafted by a NFL team) he describes his feelings when none of the team would pick him first. Basically, how he was getting very nervous. There just a lot of things like that in Touchdown Alexander. That's what makes it such a great book.

I would recommend this book to people who really like sports. They might also have to be faithful in their church because there are some things like that in the book. Touchdown Alexander is a good book for any age and could be read by girls and boys. Some parts I would recommend a boy in sports because it will talk about football and other sports in more depth sometimes. If you really want to read a good football or a good inspirational story, Touchdown Alexander is definitely the book to read.