The Crucible by Arthur Miller | Teen Ink

The Crucible by Arthur Miller

March 4, 2015
By Run2Liv3 PLATINUM, Bedford, New York
Run2Liv3 PLATINUM, Bedford, New York
30 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.


Have you ever heard the saying “what you don’t know doesn’t hurt you?” Well, that’s far from the truth. One night in the town of Salem, sixteen year old Abigail Williams brought her friends and the family maid into the woods for a dance in the woods intended to bring the girls suitors. But, no one knew about the horrific ending it would bring. In a frantic rush to cover up whatever happened in the woods, Abigail hurls accusations of witchcraft to all those who had ever done her harm. The situation soon grows out of control as more and more people get accused of bringing satan into the town of Salem. What starts as a not-so-innocent dance in the woods quickly spirals into the condemning and hanging of more than 20 people, all on the premises of witchcraft. As Abigail realises her mistake, she plans her escape from Salem. But will she make it to freedom? Read The Crucible by Arthur Miller to fill in the gaps of this extraordinary novel!